5 Things to do if exposed to Biohazard
Ensure the health of your business or home with our SERVPRO Air Ducts and HVAC Cleaning, call now at (703)450-4504 to inquire more details!
Biohazards can have a severe impact on human health. Unlike other accidents, biohazard accidents can lead to long-term effects on health. Many infectious agents get transferred directly or indirectly to our bodies. It can be through physical contact or simply from the air.
There are many ways to prevent the risk or exposure of biohazards. SERVPRO Loudoun County is a trusted biohazard remediation expert.
What if you get exposed to a Biohazard?
If you’re exposed to any form of biohazard directly or indirectly, here are some things that you should do:
- Wash your hands:First, you need to wash your hands regularly. Most of the infections that we pick are due to dirty hands. So, practice hygiene, and wash or sanitize your hands before touching your face or eating food.
- Decontaminate:A critical thing to do if a specific area has been exposed to biohazard is decontamination. No matter what type of biohazardous material has been spread, decontamination can stop its spread.
- Wear gloves:If the biohazardous material exposed is spread due to direct contact from one another, you should take extra preventive measures. For instance, COVID-19 spread can be prevented by wearing gloves in public places.
- Get your ventilation systems maintained:Air-borne biohazards are prone to spread through ACs and ventilation systems. You should ensure your HVAC systems are maintained regularly and sterilized in case of exposure.
- Disposal of biohazardous wastes:Many people ignore disposing of biohazardous materials with the regular garbage. However, it is risky and can affect the health of many people. Wear gloves, mask, and dispose of such items separately.